Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New Tribes Bible Institute.... Semester 2

So, here I sit, at my desk, in my dorm room. Today was the last day of my 1st block. WOW! It seems like I've been here forever already! I love it! My first two classes that I started with were Theology and Prophets, and I really enjoyed both. Tomorrow I start Hermeneutics II, Life of Christ, and Minor Prophets.

So, this semester has been going really well so far. It's been a little tough with Joel being gone, but it's still been good. I have already been learning a lot from this whole situation, and can't wait to learn more. Sometimes I don't get to talk to him as long as I would like, and it was frustrating me... a lot. I wanted all his attention and time, and that was very selfish of me. He was spending time with his family and friends, and that is so cool. I was just mad because sometimes I would only get to talk to him for a couple of minutes because he had company or whatever. But we talked about it a little one night, and I thought about it a lot. I just came to the conclusion that I was going to be content. Why would I get upset, when I could just change my attitude and be fine with it? Yeah, it's not that fun being away and it's not that fun not being able to talk to him that much, but that's okay. The world isn't going to end, it's just going to be a little tough and a lot of not funness (yeah, i did just make up that word). But the thing is, I'm okay with that. I don't really know how to explain it, but I just feel at peace. I'm learning to love it when we get to talk for hours, but also just minutes as well. It's not that I don't miss him any more, or love him any less, but I'm putting my focus on something greater.
Again, I'm learning to put my focus on the Lord. I constantly need to look at my priorities, and rearrange them, if needed. It's tough, but definitely needed and it makes things much better. My full trust needs to be in Him.
Well, that's all I have for today, but hopefully I'll get better at writing more...

No comments:

Post a Comment